Seastar Superbikes - Covid-19 Update
Apologies for the length of this document, however we are aiming to get our services as close to the old normal as the current situation and the safety measures required will allow.
Here is an overview of what we are planning, the safety measures we have put in place in order to reduce risk for both our staff and you our valued customers. We ask for your understanding and assistance.
Quick Contacts for now:
Motorcycles Sales: Tony Summerfield – email@example.com (Tel: 01508 471919 Option 1)
Motorcycle Service: Nikki Ives – firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel: 01508 471919 Option 2)
Spares & Clothing: Jack McBroom – email@example.com (Tel: 01508 471919 Option 3)
If you are unsure, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is happening:
We have a skeleton staff re-booking cancelled jobs and new enquiries received by email during lockdown, processing online orders and handing over bikes (whilst distancing) that were purchased before lockdown. Our workshop is running albeit at a reduced level of manpower (to enable social distancing) and is solidly booked for well over 5 weeks so please expect delays in booking availability. Orders can now be placed online (although we would suggest you wait till 1st June when our Brand New website should be launched) and via email for bikes or product, however not all our suppliers are up and running yet so there could be a short wait. We will keep you informed.
We have a new drop off and collection system set up in order to maintain distancing. See further details below.
As of Tuesday 26th May, the phones will be switched on, but dependant on demand this may have to be on a part time basis as we will need time to allow our reduced team to process the enquiries as they come in.
Opening the shop
We are due to open the shop on the 1st of June, initially on a “by appointment” basis. Appointments can be made via the contacts above – see below the safety measures that we have put in place.
We are taking orders via email for bikes now that can be prepared ready for when we are open.
Please email Tony at email@example.com giving your telephone number so that we can call you to discuss, along with the details of the bike that you are interested in.
ALL New Website to assist in distance purchasing:
We have, during closure, been working very hard to complete our new website which is aimed to make remote transactions much easier. In excess of 10,000 product lines will be available for online purchase (Clothing and Accessories) and we have fine-tuned the finance section for new and used bikes that will allow you to play with the figures to get your ideal quote, soft check your credit eligibility without harming your credit rating and make a full application for finance all within the website. Once agreed we are now able to offer remote finance signing reducing your time in the shop at collection point. We hope to have the new website live on June 1st.
This is a last-minute rush in order to make the product available to you. Please let us know if you encounter any issues on the new site – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courtesy Bikes / Delivery & Collection Service
Due to insurance limitations we are currently unable to offer courtesy bikes.
Delivery and collection service is not available, however we can put you in touch with a motorcycle collection and delivery company should you have the need.
We will not be accepting cash for the foreseeable future. Please either pay by credit card (where contactless now has a limit of £45) or by direct transfer.
Our Barclays bank account details are:
The Seastar (Towel and Fabric) Company Limited
Sort Code: 20-92-08
Account No. 70791881
Service/Workshop – By appointment Only
Collection and Drop off, please go to the main door to the workshop which is situated behind the Kawasaki showroom. Ring the intercom / bell and we will come and find you.
Bikes coming in and going out will have handlebars, levers, switchgear, tank cap and rear seat / cowl cleaned down.
Measures that we have put in place for our mutual well being
In readiness for June 1st we have put numerous new practices in place.
- The shop is thoroughly cleaned down on a regular basis. This is recorded.
- Notices have been placed around the shop reminding of the need to keep your distance and not totouch products or bikes without talking to a member of staff first.
- Quarantine systems have been put in place so that goods that have been handled / tried on thatcannot be sanitised are placed in quarantine until safe to return to the shelves.
- All of our staff have their temperature checked on arrival and declare themselves fit and well.
- Upon entry to the building we all apply the anti Covid hand sanitizer that is available at all of the entrypoints to the shop.
- Staff wash their hands on a regular basis
- All counter and desk areas where distancing is not practical have been fitted with clear screens
- As stated above a new Drop off and collection zone has been created.
What we ask of visiting customers
- On entry to the shop, please remove gloves and apply the hand sanitiser that is available by the entry doors using the touch free dispensers supplied.
- Respect our request of maintaining social distancing of 2m as per guidelines
- Please do not touch products without first talking to a member of staff in order for us to know what needs cleaning down.
- Please be patient with us while we strive to give you the best service with a vastly reduced team.
Motorcycle Road Tests
At present we are unable to offer road tests as in the event of mishap or breakdown we do not have the staff available for recovery / assistance. This could well change in the near future.
Thank you for your understanding, assistance and support…… Vince.