We've all seen them, when the sun comes out so do those motorcyclists who think its acceptable to wear a t-shirt and even shorts to ride their motorcycle or scooter.
Yes it might be hot but is it really worth taking a gamble? Whilst it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work this one out, here's our top 5 essential pieces of motorcycle clothing.
1. It's been law since 1973 in the UK to wear one, so it's a bit of a no brainer (pardon the pun) that a helmet is number one on our list. Can't imagine anyone would leave home without one today!
2. Back protectors, whether built into a jacket or suit or worn separately are a must. Whilst many broken bones heal, your spinal cord is not as resilient and needs that extra protection.
3. Leather motorcycle jackets, leather jeans, one piece suits, kevlar jeans all add up to sensible choices when riding your bike. Road rash is not pretty, so however warm it is dress appropriately.
4. Motorcycle boots have come a long way, offering increased comfort and protection - a pair of trainers is a million miles away from the safety of a boot designed to protect the foot and ankle.
5. Imagine just tipping from a full stop, you are going to want something on your hands! Motorcycle gloves protect your vulnerable fingers and advances in gloves mean that you get maximum protection and precision control.
It's really very simple, so don't be tempted to cut corners.
Call to book a test ride on your new motorcycle today
or get in touch on01508 471919
Seastar Superbikes can be found 6 miles south of Norwich on the A140 main Norwich to Ipswich road.View Map